As the COVID-19 pandemic rumbles on many people are feeling stressed, exhausted and burnt out. This trip is focused on wellbeing; taking initial but important steps in developing greater resilience in our daily lives. It is co-facilitated by trained Healthcare Professionals. Using nature as our host and mentor, our guides will lead you through a restorative and transformative three day canoe trip in the Algonquin Park, with follow up coaching calls to embed your learning and experience in your daily lives. You will be drawing inspiration from and deepening your connection with nature, building community with fellow participants, with the aim of leaving you feeling more restored with greater clarity and energy.
Make sure to read through the details below before booking.
Algonquin Provincial Park
If you are feeling stressed, burnt out or simply languishing in a pandemic-induced malaise, then this trip is geared towards you. The trip is not intended as a quick fix, but to ‘sow the seeds’; an opportunity to take important initial steps towards building stronger and deeper foundations for greater resilience. In support of this, our guides will support you through a restorative canoe trip in the beautiful backdrop of the Algonquin Provincial Park. Day One will involve familiarizing ourselves with our gear and canoes, paddling to our campsite, setting up camp and connecting to others in the group. There will also be time to sit, unwind (and breathe!) in amongst the stunning scenery. In Day 2 we will go a little deeper, with time for some exploration and forays from our base camp, and maybe an opportunity for a night paddle under the stars. As a group, we’ll work together through meaningful conversations, experiential exercises and individual reflection. Day 3 is about ‘what next’, harnessing whatever energy, insights or commitments that have arisen from the trip. We’ll pack up and paddle home, taking time to pause with the hope of bringing a renewed sense of connection to our everyday lives.
We are aware three days is a short time together, and only an initial, introductory ‘plunge’ into the work needed to address burnout and fatigue in our lives. With this in mind, there will be some scaffolding around the trip in order to help participants get the most of it. This includes:
1) A call with one of our guides before the trip to assess your suitability, individual needs and to set some initial invitational assignments to practice before we meet in person.
2) A group coaching call 2-3 weeks post-trip. The focus will be on drawing on the group’s collective experience and wisdom, using each other for support to make meaningful changes in our lives. We know that change best happens in a supportive community, and we hope to capitalize on this!
3) A final 1:1 call with one of our guides. This will be focused on embedding the learning, overcoming any obstacles faced so far, and continuing to build momentum.
This trip is offered in collaboration with our friends at the Embers Project (www.embers-project.com).
- All tripping gear,
- Canoes, paddles & PFDs
- Park permits
- Fresh & healthy home cooked meals
- Licensed guide
- Memories to last a lifetime
Whats Not Included
- Transportation to and from the park
- Personal toiletries & clothing
- Additional vehicle permits ($13.00 per vehicle/night)
- Guide Tips
The payment included here is simply a deposit to reserve your spot on the trip.
We will reach out shortly after your deposit is made to discuss the remaining payment.
Total Trip Cost: $745 per person
Our canoe trips operate rain or shine, however we will never paddle in dangerous weather and will let all participants know leading up to the trip.
If a trip is cancelled due to dangerous weather, a full refund will be given.
Four weeks before the trip a 100% refund will be given less a $25 processing fee.
Two weeks from the trip date, a 50% refund will be given.
Within one week from the trip date no refund will be given.
- We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a trip. If we do not hit the minimum of 4, you will be able to transfer your reservation to another trip or receive a full refund.
- All equipment is thoroughly washed and sanitized in between trips
- Only individuals who request to share a tent will do so, all others will be in individual tents to reduce indoor contact
- For ease of physical distancing on our multi day trips we will have a maximum of 7 guests and 2 guides.
- Trip Shed staff will be equipped with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and will have PPE for guests.
- We require anyone attending be double vaccinated, and have a valid vaccine passport / ID prepared before boarding.
- All staff will be double vaccinated.