Wet your line on this very special guided fly fishing canoe trip in Algonquin Park.
Starting in 2022, we are excited to announce new guided fly-fishing trips in Algonquin Park with Ryan Morin, a local ecologist, fisheries biologist and passionate fisherman. Ryan’s full-time job sees him travel across Canada working on a wide variety of fisheries projects with a recent focus on Salmonid conservation and baseline research.
Make sure to read through the details below before booking.
Algonquin Provincial Park
Guided fishing trips with Ryan will not be akin to a standard guided fishing tour. He is very passionate about the conservation of native Lake and Brook Trout in the Algonquin region and will spend at least as much time teaching about the threats, conservation, catch-and-release techniques and respect for the fish, as much as he teaches how to catch them.
In recent years, Ryan has converted almost entirely to fly fishing in Algonquin Park for the challenge and minimal impact it has on fish compared to other methods. Fly-fishing techniques for Smallmouth Bass will also be discussed and fishing opportunities for this species are likely to be encountered on the trip. No experience or fly fishing equipment is required.
What to expect:
- Spare fly rods, reels and flies will be provided to those who don’t have their own.
- A portable fly-tying kit will be brought along and participants can learn to tie fly patterns around the fire in the evening.
- Learning the basics about the diversity of aquatic invertebrates in the Algonquin area and how to “match the hatch”.
- Fireside ecology discussions about the conservation of native Char in the Algonquin Region and what every day anglers can do to support.
- Target Lake Trout, Brook Trout, Splake (Hybrid of the former two species), or Smallmouth Bass using fly rod.
- All tripping gear and fishing
- Canoes, paddles & PFDs
- Park permits
- Fresh & healthy home cooked meals
- Licensed guide
- Memories to last a lifetime
Whats Not Included
- Transportation to and from the park
- Personal toiletries & clothing
- Additional vehicle permits ($13.00 per vehicle/night)
- Guide Tips