Explore and learn about the birds of Algonquin Park on this guided canoe trip
Stoke your curiosity and awareness with The Trip Shed and ornithologist Matt Iles on a 3-day backcountry birding wilderness workshop. Deepen your relationship to nature through learning the language of the birds, observing local migration and practicing bird ID with the help of a pro.
Make sure to read through the details below before booking.
Algonquin Provincial Park
Did you know that you can tell the future just by listening to the birds?
Bird language is one of the most potent avenues to building a stronger relationship with nature. Join us this season for a wilderness workshop in the backcountry with an experienced ornithologist and birding guide, Matthew Iles. This trip is an opportunity to soak up late signs of breeding and avian activity on the Canadian Shield in Algonquin’s famous mixed forests and wetlands at a time when bugs have really wound down. We’ll root our experience in curiosity, inclusivity and an awareness of our impact on nature.
Learn how to deepen your connection to the natural world through:
- All tripping gear,
- Canoes, paddles & PFDs
- Park permits
- Fresh & healthy home cooked meals
- Licensed guide
- Memories to last a lifetime
Whats Not Included
- Transportation to and from the park
- Personal toiletries & clothing
- Additional vehicle permits ($13.00 per vehicle/night)
- Guide Tips
The payment included here is simply a deposit to reserve your spot on the trip.
We will reach out shortly after your deposit is made to discuss the remaining payment.
Total Trip Cost: $745 per person
Our canoe trips operate rain or shine, however we will never paddle in dangerous weather and will let all participants know leading up to the trip.
If a trip is cancelled due to dangerous weather, a full refund will be given.
Four weeks before the trip a 100% refund will be given less a $25 processing fee.
Two weeks from the trip date, a 50% refund will be given.
Within one week from the trip date no refund will be given.
- We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a trip. If we do not hit the minimum of 4, you will be able to transfer your reservation to another trip or receive a full refund.
- All equipment is thoroughly washed and sanitized in between trips
- Only individuals who request to share a tent will do so, all others will be in individual tents to reduce indoor contact
- For ease of physical distancing on our multi day trips we will have a maximum of 7 guests and 2 guides.
- Trip Shed staff will be equipped with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and will have PPE for guests.
- We require anyone attending be double vaccinated, and have a valid vaccine passport / ID prepared before boarding.
- All staff will be double vaccinated.