Explore the backcountry while you deepen your understanding of Algonquin Park from an Indigenous perspective on this guided canoe trip.
Join us and Leslie Anne St. Amour, an Algonquin woman, for a 3 day deep dive and transformational canoe trip through traditional territories, cultural and historically significant locations in what is now known as Algonquin Provincial Park.
Make sure to read through the details below before booking.
Algonquin Provincial Park
While many of us are used to thinking about Algonquin Park as a vast uninhabited wilderness to be explored, there is more to the story. This workshop will focus on providing context for Algonquin Park from an Indigenous perspective.
Join Leslie Anne St, Amour, an Algonquin woman, for a conversation about the history of the land that is now Algonquin Park, the Indigenous nations that call it home, the colonial and oppressive history of the park, the role of industry and Indigenous relationships with the park today. We will touch on Algonquin laws and people, contact with European colonizers, the industrial exploration of Algonquin Park that continues today, reconciliation and meaningful relationships with Indigenous people and the modern Algonquin nation in Ontario.
- All tripping gear,
- Canoes, paddles & PFDs
- Park permits
- Fresh & healthy home cooked meals
- Licensed guide
- Memories to last a lifetime
What's Not Included
- Transportation to and from the park
- Personal toiletries & clothing
- Additional vehicle permits ($13.00 per vehicle/night)
- Guide Tips
The payment included here is simply a deposit to reserve your spot on the trip.
We will reach out shortly after your deposit is made to discuss the remaining payment.
Total Trip Cost: $745 per person
Our canoe trips operate rain or shine, however we will never paddle in dangerous weather and will let all participants know leading up to the trip.
If a trip is cancelled due to dangerous weather, a full refund will be given.
Four weeks before the trip a 100% refund will be given less a $25 processing fee.
Two weeks from the trip date, a 50% refund will be given.
Within one week from the trip date no refund will be given.
- We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a trip. If we do not hit the minimum of 4, you will be able to transfer your reservation to another trip or receive a full refund.
- All equipment is thoroughly washed and sanitized in between trips
- Only individuals who request to share a tent will do so, all others will be in individual tents to reduce indoor contact
- For ease of physical distancing on our multi day trips we will have a maximum of 7 guests and 2 guides.
- Trip Shed staff will be equipped with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and will have PPE for guests.
- We require anyone attending be double vaccinated, and have a valid vaccine passport / ID prepared before boarding.
- All staff will be double vaccinated.