Nature Is Therapy on this guided canoe trip through the magic that is Algonquin Park
Imagine spending 3 days and 2 nights under the stars and open sky, hearing the wolves howl, cooking over the fire, and paddling through beautiful landscapes. As we navigate together into the wilds of our favourite park - Algonquin, you’ll have the chance to explore both the outer landscape of nature and the inner landscape of yourself.
Through guided group activities, immersive nature connection practices and some TLC your guides will help you to get in touch with yourself on a level deeper than most have the opportunity to do.
Nature is a Mirror.
Maybe you’re coming to terms with a big change or a recent loss.
Maybe you’re seeking more aliveness or connection in your life.
Maybe you're in need of a big reset.
Whatever questions you’re holding, when you slow down, unplug and connect to the natural world - you come back to your own natural centre. In this quiet stillness, an opportunity arises to find answers you didn’t know you were looking for.
Make sure to read through the details below before booking.
Algonquin Provincial Park
This trip will take you through an experiential arc that mirrors the Hero’s Journey framework. As you step away from the comforts and routine of daily life, the currents of an extraordinary reality begin to present themselves. Out here, you’ll be guided by the rhythms of the land - the stars, the weather, the feel of the dirt beneath your feet. In this world, the symbolic meanings of your experience on land begin to offer insights into those questions you carry with you.
An edge is the place where the known meets the unknown. This is where growth happens. During this experience, you’ll have the opportunity to push your edges and uncover unknown strengths. Each day, you’ll receive coaching, offering a chance to unpack and integrate whatever comes out of your personal journey. Upon returning home, our goal is that you leave with some new found treasures within, a belt full of practical tools to help you powerfully engage with your life, and a deeper relationship with all parts of yourself - with a couple mosquito bites and dirt under your nails to boot!
What can you expect?
- A Fully guided backcountry canoe trip experience
- Practices to help you connect to nature, each other and your inner knowing
- To have your edges pushed
- You will get out of this experience what you put in. As guides, we are there to support and champion you throughout your journey - and our expectation is that you meet us half-way.
- Pre/post trip mentoring calls to help you get the most out of your experience
- An opportunity to engage with hands-on camping/outdoor skills
Carly loves to explore those places where our inner wilderness meets the outer wild. Always asking questions like: How does tending a fire remind us of our inner vision? How can moving across a rugged landscape help us to meet the edges within ourselves? With a background in somatic, existential psychotherapy and nature connection she invites people to remember their powerful inner nature. When Carly is not spending time with the clients in her private practice, she can be found swimming in wild rivers and writing music from her home in the woods of Claremont.
Alex has been guiding transformative wilderness experiences for over a decade, finding his own way in this world through the curiousity and wonder that comes from time spent in the wild. First and foremost a storyteller, he's served as a forest school teacher, canoe trip guide, leadership coach and skipper of rocks. All of these experiences come to life in his co-creation of The Trip Shed, where he uses wilderness experiences as the backdrop for our most alive selves to be met.
- All tripping gear,
- Canoes, paddles & PFDs
- Park permits
- Fresh & healthy home cooked meals
- Licensed guide
- Memories to last a lifetime
Whats Not Included
- Transportation to and from the park
- Personal toiletries & clothing
- Additional vehicle permits ($13.00 per vehicle/night)
- Guide Tips
The payment included here is simply a deposit to reserve your spot on the trip.
We will reach out shortly after your deposit is made to discuss the remaining payment.
Total Trip Cost: $745 per person
Our canoe trips operate rain or shine, however we will never paddle in dangerous weather and will let all participants know leading up to the trip.
If a trip is cancelled due to dangerous weather, a full refund will be given.
Four weeks before the trip a 100% refund will be given less a $25 processing fee.
Two weeks from the trip date, a 50% refund will be given.
Within one week from the trip date no refund will be given.
- We require a minimum of 4 participants to run a trip. If we do not hit the minimum of 4, you will be able to transfer your reservation to another trip or receive a full refund.
- All equipment is thoroughly washed and sanitized in between trips
- Only individuals who request to share a tent will do so, all others will be in individual tents to reduce indoor contact
- For ease of physical distancing on our multi day trips we will have a maximum of 7 guests and 2 guides.
- Trip Shed staff will be equipped with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and will have PPE for guests.
- We require anyone attending be double vaccinated, and have a valid vaccine passport / ID prepared before boarding.
- All staff will be double vaccinated.